Tuesday, April 1, 2014

MY THREE MUSES

I'm working on producing as many new pieces as I can for the upcoming East Bay Open Studios happening the first two weekends in June.  One of my new oils is an homage to my beloved collection of antique Staffordshire transferware china.  I have three 1880's transferware toothbrush holders - all in use! - and I realized that a still life of the three in a row would be a fun project - especially as I had a rustic vintage Arts and Crafts frame with a long rectangular shape, perfect for the project. So, here are the results - first the picture unframed, painted in oils on heavy museum board:


and then, the completed oil in the antique frame I found for it, sitting on my kitchen table:


I always have professional photos taken of my paintings, but the frame often goes out the door with no record.  This one is special enough that it deserved recognition before it went to a new home!  By the way, speaking of that new home, a regular patron of mine who saw it in progress (and came up with the title too) bought it right off the easel!  So, one less for Open Studios - better get back to work...

I will be an exhibiting artist at East Bay Open Studios this June 6th (first Friday), 7th and 8th, and the following weekend June14th  and 15th, at the Jack London Square Market Hall, with over 50 other artists, at 55 Harrison Street in Oakland.  More information will follow, but save the dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment