Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lisa's Line of Greeting Cards at Red Wagon Collectibles

The greeting cards I have designed based on my paintings are in many stores in the East Bay, but one of my favorite venues is in Alameda, at Red Wagon Collectibles (1553 Webster Street at Lincoln Avenue). Red Wagon is a charming and cozy antique and collectibles shop, totally at home in a handsome 19th-century storefront. The owners Calvin Hao and Arvi Dorsey are friendly, funny, and knowledgable, and they sell a fascinating selection of vintage items and also display artwork by local artists with an Alameda focus.  Hence my greeting cards!  I want to mention their store in particular for the wonderful card rack, shown below, where they display my artwork.  I've discovered over years of selling cards, that the key to success is good, noticeable placement, and this antique card stand is a doozy.  According to Calvin it's cobbled together from an old storage unit with drawers, and a 1950's hand-painted advertizing sign specifically for greeting cards. It all reads as one unit, it displays my cards beautifully, and it makes me smile every time I see it... go in and take a look.


  

1 comment:

  1. I love visiting stores like these! I have tons of greeting cards at home, but I still can't get enough of them. Hehe! I usually send out cards for every occasion. I usually find myself sending a lot of cards because I have lots of friends, which is why I always stock up on cards.


    Cherri Wookines

    ReplyDelete